Old 10-05-2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Too late to separate the Lilies?

~ janj wrote:

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I'm in Zone 5a and I'm getting ready to start up the pond. I had planned
to separate the Lilies this year, but I'm afraid it may be a bit late.
The one plant already has about 8 reddish leaves about the size of a
small saucer. Can I still do it or should I wait?

It's NOT too late to separate them. I'm in zone 6 and we're
separating them here now. We start around the time new growth starts.

It's never too late if it needs to be done. Done earlier just gives them
more growing time to start flowering again, also less likely pads will dry
up or get broken off when done when the plants are just getting started.

Like they said - I've divided lilies in mid-August.
--
derek