Old 10-05-2006, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT

Default Seeds not germinating

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" asked:

Unless you are growing commercially just how many Coleus do you need from
a packet of seeds?

-----
Good question. This year I was hoping to experiment growing Cuscuta with
Coleus as a host.That being so, the Coleus seeds would need to be sown at
least three to four weeks ahead of those of the Cuscuta, making sure that
the young plants are strong enough for the Cuscuta to latch onto.
Having almost given up growing my own for this year, I asked at various
local garden centres how soon their Coleus plants would become available.
First week in June! I'll just have to sow another tray in the hope that now
the weather is warmer, I might get lucky this time.
I would like to thank Michael Adams for his reply together with the list of
seed germination percentages. Although I have had quite a few germination
failures with seeds from T&M, the seeds for the past two years were ordered
from Mr. Fothergill's.

MCT