Old 10-05-2006, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default ID of Ceanothus

We have a Ceanothus Ray was given some time ago but have no idea which
it is. It's also a brute to propagate. I wonder if anyone can help us
discover its identity. The flowers are very, very dark blue - think of
a Greek sea at dusk. The leaves are small and quite ribbed and as the
flowers are in bud there is a reddish tinge to them. It definitely
isn't 'Concha' or any of the well known varieties. Without a doubt
it's my favourite of all the Ceanothus I've ever seen - naturally!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk