Old 11-05-2006, 01:55 AM posted to rec.ponds
G Pearce

Default Plant/Pot/Pump Grabbers

I quickly came to the same conclusion ~ 9 yrs ago and put cross handles on
my pots made out of # 9 wire (covered in plastic) to be able to grab and
pull them out without getting in the pond - As I am getting older, I
realized pulling the pots was getting harder and had my son make me a device
to lift them out - it consists of a 10' or 11' top rail for a chain link
fence with a hook on the end and a swivel that the rail will slide through,
and mounted on a post - now pulling my pots is a piece of cake for one
person - all the pieces just slide together and it comes completely apart
for storage until needed and hangs on my garage wall - I haven't been in my
pond for 9 yrs (not counting the time I fell in - another story :~(((( )
Gale :~)
wrote in message
oups.com...
What does everyone use to retrieve potted plants, pumps, ect, from
their ponds? My pond is about 6-7 feet wide and 2-feet deep and
grabbing/moving potted plants and things is a pain in the a$$ to say
the least. I've been using a small shovel, but it's not very
effective. Does anyone else have/use something that works?
Suggestions, PLEASE!

Patrick