Old 10-05-2006, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

Default Horsetail trimming

"Vashti" wrote in message
I've just taken over an allotment which is horsetail from head to toe,
and I'm currently trimming it daily or every other day. I know I have to
remove any root piece or fertile brown stalks that I find. My question

is,
can the green ferny stems root themselves and keep growing, or can I

safely
leave them where they are when they've been cut down?

Yes they can be left where they fall~~ but there is no end in sight.
You can go on for a lifetime and it will be even more vigorous. The only
solution is to treat it with commercial/ professional strength Roundup or
similar.
Some local councils will help, as with knotweed.
Best wishes Brian.