Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default what do you think has happend to the roots?

"zozzer" wrote in message

I moved into this new garden 3 years ago. The soil is heavy clay, and I
have been improving it with compost, manure, grit etc.... and its 10
times better. However, I went to move some healthy looking shrubs
today and they have practically no roots, they pulled right out of the
ground with no effort. I checked for vine weevil and other bugs but
could see none. There are loads of small holes in the soil from mice
could it be them? Or do you think it is the clay soil? Or something
else?

If they are healthy why do you think there is a problem?

If they were being attacked they would not be looking healthy!

Alan

--
zozzer