Old 11-05-2006, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Plant Recommendations

"louisxiv" wrote in message
A question from a (overly ambitious?) newbie!

I'm looking to develop a south facing area of my garden and because I live
by the sea i'd like to focus on plants which will fit 'thematically'. What
I have in mind is a kind of organised, but not too fussy, arrangement of
shrubs within a fairly limited palette of bluish green through to purple.

I've already come into some Eryngium (Blue Sea Holly) and am interested in
shrubs which might complement this. I'm very fond of what i'm afraid, due
to lack of knowledge, I can only describe as thick bladed grasses,
especially those with a bluish-green hue and may want to include some
rocks with some heather or similair!

Can anyone decipher this and make any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

As Sacha says you will get better suggestions if you can give a more
accurate location.
An absolute must have is Crambe Cordifolia. Tolerant of most things and
grows on rubbish soil with salt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ages/235.shtml