Old 11-05-2006, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,england.rec.gardening,rec.gardens.edible
Bob Hobden

Default Which vegetables tolerate clay soil best?

wrote in message ...
Agreed, The majority of veggies love clay soils, most tolerate it, and
of all the ones I grow only watermelons really sulk in clay soils. You
may want to try some of the short carrots, use to grow the oxheart type
, but the round ball types should also work. The long slim types will
grow, but are prone to oddshapes on heavy clay.

We found the "Long Red Surrey" or "Chertsey" carrot didn't seem to mind the
clay.
Available from http://www.thomasetty.co.uk/

--
Regards