Old 11-05-2006, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default horse chestnut(conker tree)

Simon wrote:
snip

Hi Bob

thanks, I gave it a good feed yesterday evening (miraclegrow) and its
responded really well. I've been advised today that it should be
watered little and often and that giving it loads of water all at once
(which is what I was doing) can have a detrimental effect. Oh and yes
the pot does have a drainage hole

thanks alot

Just a thought because this is obviously an important tree for your
family - I'm not sure how long it will be happy living in a container,
however large. These are forest trees after all! So - to avert total
disaster if it does die one day, may I suggest that you take some of
its own conkers and start those off, too? That way you will be sort of
cloning it and will never truly lose it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk