Old 11-05-2006, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
storm

Default dwarf peach trees

RIP little furry fruit dude
I took it back to the nursery yesterday where it was pronounced dead.
The staff believed that it had been dug up rather too brutally because
the root system had not grown at all, and the ends were cut straight
off rather than showing any signs of growth.
They told me they were unable to get another one, so I bought a
blueberry bush and some ericaceous compost. They rang me today to tell
me they now could get one, but a Terrace Ruby, rather than a Terrace
Diamond.
It's a rather good idea to have strawberries, peaches and blueberries
on the terrace, isn't it!
I'll keep you posted on the progress of both plants