Old 12-05-2006, 03:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default ladybug on orchid question

I just found a ladybug on an orchid. This is an orchid that appears to be
healthy, but has been producing copious amounts of honeydew. I have read
somewhere that lady pugs eat aphids ( or was it some other orchid pest?)
Question: Would the ladybug be attracted to the honeydew, or does the
presence of the lady bug suggest that there likely is some pest present and
that the ladybug is eating it? Anyhow, my understanding is that the ladybug
itself is not an orchid pest but rather a benefactor, right?

Thanks,
Joanna