Old 12-05-2006, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default Really Big Spiders

Ah! Thanks for that.

However, it's the victims that freak me out. The hairy ones that the link
you sent depicts being eaten by the long legged ones that oddly don't bother
me at all. The ones it says are responsible for arachnophobia. No wonder!

Seriously, i'm phobic and it's no fun having them around. Any ideas how to
'exclude' them from my life?

Apparently you need to have a dirty house, spiders don't like dirty
houses only clean ones. Sorry, doesn't help much if you like to live
tidily and cleanly does it?

We always get loads when it's daddy long legs time and they get really
fat too. Last year was horrendous.

Could you perhaps get used to them do you think? They eat the flies
and stuff like that after all.

We used to live in Oman in the Middle East and I once found a camel
spider on my stairs, infact the kids were playing with it. Ugliest
thing I have ever seen in my entire life and it was as big as my hand
(and I have big hands for a woman)! Funny, but since living out there
I kind of got more used to crawlies and stuff. I'm not so scared of
them as I used to be.

regards
Gail