Old 12-05-2006, 11:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak

Default Three ways trees make your life easier, more comfortable

On 5/11/06 8:01 PM, in article
, "Bette"
wrote:

Myrl Jeffcoat wrote:
You're right about a really nice tree adding value to your home or real
estate. I work as a Realtor, and have seen wonderful mature trees add
thousands to value.

I have an old dying Modesto Ash in my front yard. It has provided me
shade, and beauty for many years. Unfortunately, it is now diseased,
overcome with a lot of misteltoe, which I have removed annually.

Sadly, I will probably remove it next year. I was thinking of
replacing it with a Silver Maple, or something of that sort. I had no
idea about pollan being an issue.

What would be a tree similar to a Maple, where pollan wouldn't cause a
problem???

I'm in Sacramento, California.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Myrl Jeffcoat wrote:
You're right about a really nice tree adding value to your home or real
estate. I work as a Realtor, and have seen wonderful mature trees add
thousands to value.

I have an old dying Modesto Ash in my front yard. It has provided me
shade, and beauty for many years. Unfortunately, it is now diseased,
overcome with a lot of mistletoe, which I have removed annually.

Sadly, I will probably remove it next year. I was thinking of
replacing it with a Silver Maple, or something of that sort. I had no
idea about pollen being an issue.

What would be a tree similar to a Maple, where pollen wouldn't cause a
problem???

I'm in Sacramento, California.
Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

This may help. http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/ces/yard/1997/021097.html
In all fairness to the group, I am a newbie and others would have a
better answer for your problem.

Jeffcoat is such an interesting name. There is a lovely book written
by LaVyrle Spencer entitled, "Vows."
The main character's last name is Jeffcoat.

Bette

There are also daylily hybridizers with the last name Jeffcoat. Any relation
Myrl?

Cheryl