Old 15-02-2003, 03:03 PM
SugarChile

Default slug and snail control

Ahh, spring must truly be on the way, if we are to talk again of slugs and
snails!!

Try "Sluggo" or the similar "Escargo". It's lethal to slugs, harmless to
mammals, and breaks down harmlessly in the garden. I've found it to be very
effective. It seems slightly expensive, but it goes a long way, and is a
lot better than messing around with tuna cans of beer.

Escargo is sold by Gardens Alive, do a google search to turn up places that
sell Sluggo.

To get a large infestation under control quickly, mix one part household
ammonia with 3 or four parts water in a spray bottle, go out at dusk, and
spritz individual slugs with it. It dissolves the slime coating and does
them in.

Sue, watching the snow fall *again*

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Snooze" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Does anyone know of an effective organic snail and slug control or atleast

solution that relies on less pesticide.

I've tried the pan of beer method, and frankly it's area of affect is not
that wide. I'd rather not have to pepper the garden with half buried cans

of
beer.

Using the shotgun approach with lines of Cory's or Ortho slug/snail bait
across the yard is highly effective and not as noticable as a pan or half
buried can of beer. And it often reminds me of the French Maginot Line

Sameer

--
Sameer

change the two in my email address to a 2, when replying