Old 12-05-2006, 01:38 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Roberta Schaafsma

Default tree nursery?

Laurie -

Try Architectural Trees, http://www.archtrees.com/index.html

They have an wonderful selection of unusual trees; a quick search of the
inventory list shows sourwood and dogwoods. The owner will also give you
great advice. If you go to the nursery take some pictures of the problem
area along with you.

"laurie (Mother Mastiff)" wrote in message
.. .
The guys who cut down many damaged/ dead trees at my place today also took
out my favorite sourwood instead of only removing the one damaged limb

that
was maarked for removal.

It leaves a HUGE gap physically, I will miss it.

I am considering redbud, pink and white dogwoods, or another sourwood or
two. Where can I buy decent-sized trees this time of year?

Can you recommend any other flowering understory type trees or shrubs to

put
in the big bare spot? I love pink and purple and white and hate yellow.

The trees or shrubs will have morning sun, but be in shade from noon

onward.

Thanks for feedback!

laurie (Mother Mastiff)