Old 12-05-2006, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default WINE WEEVIL

Mel wrote:
I had been planting up my tubs on the patio and tipped out a pot with
an astilbe in, no plant but plenty of the above pests , on further
investigations a number of my pots had the vermin. I have sinced
removed all contents from the patio and have treated a couple of shrubs
in pots with Aprovel. Do these pests like the garden borders or is it
just pots? WilI ever be rid or am I stuck with them forever?

I think you're stuck with them. We use nematodes here against vine
weevil and slugs and that's an extremely effective treatment you might
like to look into. Personally, I've never come across any when I've
been potting things up and have never even heard of them as a point of
discussion.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk