Old 12-05-2006, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default Trial and error, and silly moves by newbies

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
When you are feeling energetic dig a deep and wide hole and line it with
polythene. Add loads of manure and replant the Gunnera. You will get a
bigger plant but not the biggest. Feed with chicken manure pellets.The roots
of Gunnera travel for miles in search of water:-)

That sounds like a constructive suggestion. Can I do this any time (as
in now, seen as I am in gardening mode), or should I wait for a period
when it is dormant?

Cat(h)