Old 13-05-2006, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default wallpaper paste

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote in message
reenews.net...
does anyone use the seed sowing method popular briefly many years ago of
sprouting the seeds then mixing them with wallpaper paste and oozing it
along the veg bed? It was supposed to help germination and spread out the
seeds to minimise thinning. Obviously use a paste without fungicide in it.
Are there disadvantages to it, as I never hear about it now?

When I was small, wallpaper paste was made of flour mixed with water, worked
very well, was a lot cheaper than industrial made paste, and is not poluted
with any chemicals at all, try that.

Alan