Old 13-05-2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Warren

Default Thatch and Mulching

George.com wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have mulching mower and never pick up clippings and have never had
thatch.
Frank

if you have a healthy supply of active worms in your soil they will do
very good job of keeping any thatch down including the mulch from lawn
mowing.

Doesn't matter if you have worms or not. Thatch is a different problem
than clippings not decomposing. It's a myth that a thatch problem is
caused by leaving the clippings.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.

Power Lawncare Tools for Spring Clean-up:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/