Old 14-05-2006, 03:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran

Default Poster location (was: A request)

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Just thought I'd ask that posters remember that this group is nationwide,
not just American/Canadian. Replies to posts should bear this in mind, as
I don't have a Walmart in Kent, UK
--
ßôyþëtë

We Americans do tend to dominate the
web, and while it would be great if we would
remember that on occasion, it also helps if
others, when posting requests for help, would
mention where they are. For example, see
below my name.

BTW that's true even of those in the USA. I'm
guessing there is a huge difference in how one
manages a pond in, say, North Dakota (do they
even have backyard ponds up there??) compared
to where I live - south central Texas.

I participate in a gardening newsgroup and
I can't tell you how many times someone
asks where to find a certain plant, without
once mentioning which country they live
in, much less region of their country. It's hard
to give recommendations without better
information.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA