Old 14-05-2006, 04:19 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default sick fish ...help please

On Sun, 14 May 2006 01:24:02 GMT, wrote:

HI All
My favorite and oldest fish seems to be sick. Plucked out of the feeder tank
almost 10 years ago she (maybe) is a beautiful white and gold longer tail
goldfish.I noticed she was looking a bit rounder about a week ago and
thought perhaps it was getting near spawning time and didn't really think
anything of it. But now her abdomen is getting larger and she is becoming
listless. Her scales are NOT raised on her body. It looks like she is
loosing weigh by looking at the tail. Is there anything I can do for her?
The info I can find with these symptoms says it is probably cancer or egg
impaction. Anyone have any other ideas?

If egg impaction, stop feeding. Though you might try chopping some frozen
peas, and feed them thawed. Perhaps it is constipation? I believe if you
water log some worms (gets the dirt out) and chop them, they're like fishy
Exlax. Ingrid? ~ jan