Old 14-05-2006, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Interesting worm facts

"michael adams" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

Some interesting facts for worm denyers. If people still think worms
are an option in their gardens or lawns this will put them right.

Nobody with any serious interest in the subject has been in any
doubt as to the beneficial role of earthworms ever since the
publication of

"The Formation of Vegetable Mould, Through the Action of Worms."
by Charles Darwin

true indeed however some people do not realise how beneficial worms are
especially, imo, people who grow lawns and pour all sorts of chemicals on to
the lawn and endanger their worms.

The only New Zealand worm of any interest to U.K residents
are New Zealand flatworms. Cannibals who since their accidental
introduction into the U.K have shown a voracious appetite for
our native earthworms, while being unpalatable to the likes of
predators such as ground beetles and the like.
Although having just read the link, it seems to got itself

a good lawyer and a good agent in the meantime.

Nevertheless, I'd stop while I was ahead if I were you.

michael adams

we will exchange the flat worm for gorse, thistles, ragwort, rabbits,
stoats, weasels, ferrets, possums and wasps. Though not all your you are
welcome to them.

rob