Old 14-05-2006, 11:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Jimmy

Default Leaves curling...

Thanks for the info. I'm new at this, the roses were here when I moved in.
Looked like they were almost growing wild but with a lot of slow cutting and
care they are looking good. I live in Toledo, Oh, whatever zone that is.
Right now it is a very wet zone, been raining 4 or 5 days, still have a lot
more rain coming so it will be at least a week before I can treat them. Just
more research time.

Thanks again

Jimmy

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"Jimmy" wrote in message
. net...
I have several rose bushes, all in good shape, but one. The leaves have
developed some white stuff on them and are "curling". What should I use on
it and should I treat the other roses at the same time? Could it be a soil
problem? The affected roses are about 12 years old.

Thanks in advance for any help

It might be powdery mildew. Check this
link for a photo, description and treatment:
http://members.tripod.com/buggyrose/irosediseases.htm

I've gotten it once on one rose (out of 150) so
I'm not exactly an expert. If you do identify the
disease using the above site, you can google
various treatments and pick the one that works
for you.

Some varieties are more resistant than others. I
don't tend to worry about healthy plants. I would
treat the affected plant and see if that's enough.

BTW it helps to note a general location (yours).
Climate can make a real difference in prevalance
of rose diseases and their treatment.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA Zone 8