Old 15-02-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Crocuses!!

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:22:17 GMT, MadGardener
wrote:
HEY HEY!! Went outside into the blustery winds this morning and
checked the western raised bed and it has SEVEN crocuses!! There
they were, looking like the crocus fairy had risen during the wee
hours, brushed the snows that hadn't completely melted away, and
carefully coaxed each mature bud from between the slender, grassy
leaves that were protectively wrapped around each blossom, then while
the flowers were being born, took his detail brush, and carefully
painted pin stripes of purplish pink along the soft lemon yellow
petals.

Glad to hear they're getting up and about. Mine are still hidden
under the snow here in S. Jersey. After this current round of snow,
its supposed to warm up a bit around here. If so, maybe I'll see a
few of them real soon. I can hope anyway

I'm guessing that this year, the snowdrops and crocuses will come out
pretty close together.