Old 14-05-2006, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tab

Default Bees

"James Fidell" wrote in message
Tab wrote:

I was asked today where bees live in the wild.We have both seen the wasps
nests(bikes) but not bees ones.I could not give an answer ,hope someone
in
the group can .

Partly it depends on the type of bee, but generally a lot of the same
sorts of places as wasps. I'm fairly sure there's a bumble bee nest in
a hollow sycamore tree next to my veggie plot, but the only honey bees
I know about are in my beehive. It's believed wild honey bee colonies
don't last very long these days. Mason bees will take up residence in
all sorts of nooks and crannies, AIUI, depending on the exact variety.

James

Thanks both for your repliesI did say to person who asked me that I thought
I had seen
Bumbles come out of holes in the ground