Old 14-05-2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Glenn

Default habanero prob: white dotted trails, powdery...along stem only

BTW: the answer is spider mites

"Glenn" wrote in message
Hi,

Just started gardening and am having a problem with our Habanero plants.

I saw and read/scanned through the pepper FAQ.. I'm not sure that I'm
finding this specific problem.

We're noticing white dotted powdery (possibly) trails along the stems of
one of the plants. Also notice that, although it _is_ flowering, we're
getting none to develop into peppers. The flowers just end up falling off.

So we don't know if there is some kind of pest that is causing this
powdery substance and is causing the flowers to drop off before
developing.

Any help greatly appreciated

(As this is my first forray into this forum, if there is any prodical that
I've missed or ignored, please forgive and direct me to the proper format,
et el.)

Thanks much,
Glenn