Old 14-05-2006, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.mc

Default Thorn Attack

I once had a splinter from a fence approx 4mm x 10mm go under a
fingernail...Ouchhhh!!
Now I know how those poor P.O.W's in in Japan must have felt. No tweezers
required here, just a large set of pliers and a sharp tug.

--

Regards
p.mc

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"UkJay" wrote
My wife is usually the one who does the gardening, but today I decided
I would
Clear a way to get through a path to our garage.
I got to work on cutting away at a quince bush (or whatever it's
called)
I now have a sore finger after a thorn attack
Any ideas how to remove this?
The last time this sort of thing happened I ended up with a septic
infection
And I don't want that again thank you

Oh dear, I do hope there are no Rats around your garden with you
suggesting it being overgrown etc as they carry Weil's Disease in their
urine and even the slightest hint in a cut will allow you to catch it.
It's a lethal disease if not caught early.
I trust your Tetanus inoculations are up to date too you wouldn't want
that either or, indeed, gangrene which is not pleasant. (speaking from
experience!)
Was it a dirty thorn?

:-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I once had a splinter approx 4mm x 10mm from a fence go under a
fingernail...Ouchhhh!!
Now I know how those poor P.O.W's in Japan must have felt. No tweezers