Old 14-05-2006, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Thorn Attack

"p.mc" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"UkJay" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

My wife is usually the one who does the gardening, but today I decided
I would
Clear a way to get through a path to our garage.
I got to work on cutting away at a quince bush (or whatever it's
called)

I now have a sore finger after a thorn attack
Any ideas how to remove this?

snip

As a result of regularly handling cacti, many years ago I bought
myself a jeweller's eye glass - the actual magnification number
wore off years ago, and a large pair of tweezers.

Hee! Hee!...I use small field glasses (binoculars) Hold the lens near the
offending prick (no pun intended) and don't forget you have to view it

from
the opposite end as you would normally, they effectively become like a
microscope :-))

"My little tip"

Yeah nice troll. I just fell in.

You hold the binoculars in one hand, and use your other hand to
hold the tweezers to take the splinter out of er.....

michael adams

Regards
p.mc