Old 14-05-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster

Default Burlap root balls

On Sat, 13 May 2006 22:33:09 -0700, Warren wrote:

One thing you don't want to do is leave part of the burlap exposed. That
will result in water being wicked away from the root ball. I don't think
you're going to find anyone who thinks leaving part of the burlap
unburied is a good idea.

I agree.

Burlap is biodegradable, so leaving it buried shouldn't be a problem.

But some of the natural fiber burlap has been treated to slow decomposition
drastically, so I'd get as much off as possible.

Kay