Old 15-05-2006, 12:45 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default backyard fiasco

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a pond in my yard probably 250 gallons. It has 9 big gold fish
in it from the previous owner. Without fail every year about this time,
I've been told due to heat and sunshine, the pond gets really nasty.
What should I use to keep it clear and clean?

==================
You're pond is too small for that many goldfish. Five adults would be
better. You should have a pump and filter running 24/7 to filter and

aerate
the water. Is there a lot of debris and mulm on the bottom? If so, that
should be removed. You may want to consider something to partially shade

it
as well, such as a water lily at one end.

Carol Gulley plagiarized this from a website.

--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.