Old 15-05-2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Lily pond & pH

Some of you may recall my trials and tribulations with my lily pond and the
pH?

This year I decided not to empty and muck it out. There wasn't much muck
anyway, and I'm hoping the bottom drain & skimmer are going to be connected
to an out of pond filter soon (no digging has started) ( The hope that
with aged water, the pH wouldn't spike.

Well, pH was 9.0 today, so aged water didn't fix that.... Dang! Not sure
why this happens every spring, by now the cement blocks around the edge,
after 5 years, have surely leached all they're gonna leach. Dang! Back to
water changes, which seem to fix the problem. ~ jan