Old 14-05-2006, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default Thorn Attack

On Sun, 14 May 2006 20:45:06 +0100, michael adams wrote
(in article ):

"michael adams" wrote in message

"UkJay" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

My wife is usually the one who does the gardening, but today I decided
I would
Clear a way to get through a path to our garage.
I got to work on cutting away at a quince bush (or whatever it's
called)

I now have a sore finger after a thorn attack
Any ideas how to remove this?

snip

As a result of regularly handling cacti, many years ago I bought
myself a jeweller's eye glass - the actual magnification number
wore off years ago, and a large pair of tweezers.

I also use an eyeglass handling really tiny seeds. I actually space
mammilaria seed singly when sowing. When there's less chance of causing a
disturbance with an eye-glass.

With poorer eyesight these days, I'm really taken by the idea of a jeweller's
eyeglass. Do you remember where you bought yours?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk