Old 15-05-2006, 04:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Carlock

Default habanero prob: white dotted trails, powdery...along stem only

"Myrl Jeffcoat" wrote:
While the discussion is on habaneros - has anyone come up with
an antidote to the burning they do to your fingers when you slice
and seed them?

I was slicing them lengthwise and seeding them, hoping to roast
them before making salsa, and burned my fingers quite bad.
Nothing seemed to neutralize them that I tried.

Guess I need to just roast them whole, until an antidote can be
revealed.

Whatever you do, do NOT rub your eyes, scratch the inside of
your nose, or mess with any sensitive area on your body. g
I ended up cutting up some serrano peppers then cut up onions,
then had an itch on the by my eye next to the bridge of my nose
and I scratched the area and wow! That's irritating. I immediately
put my hands under some running cold water and then splashed
water on my face and that helped. Had to let my hands sit under
the running cold water for minute or two before it all fixed itself
and it took about an hour before the burning in the eye went away.

Happy Moms Day to all, especially the moms.

Jim Carlock
Post replies to the group.
--
Raleigh Swimming Pool Builder http://www.aquaticcreationsnc.com/