Old 15-05-2006, 05:01 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
A. Pismo Clam

Default Forwarded from Cal Native Plant Society List-Serve...

Fellow botanists,
I just heard through the grapevine that John Gray, botanist with URS
Corporation (Santa Barbara/Goleta), died on Sunday, May 7th, I think at the
young age of 52 (my age too). John was my supervisor at Dames & Moore
in Santa
Barbara for my first full-time environmental consulting job back in the
mid-late-1980s. John was a very thoughtful and considerate scientist,
consultant, and supervisor. His loss is a tragedy to the environmental
consulting and botany world. I understand there will be a memorial
service for
him on May 21st, but I have no more information that that. He will be
missed by
me, and many others.
With sadness,