Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Emrys Davies

Default Electric chain saws

'Norman',

An electric chain saw would be ample for the task which you have
described.

Be sure to use a power breaker and make sure that the trunk does not
lock onto the saw. Best to reduce the trunk in manageable sections.
Then you will be in control.

If you hire the saw you will be given instructions as to how it should
be handled. Also you will be issued with safety clothing, including a
helmet and also a power breaker.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Norman Sandland" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience of electric chain saws? I have a couple

of 30
foot columnar/ pyramid conifers which consist of multiple trunks up to

about
6 inches diameter. I can remove the foliage with loppers but will an
electric chain saw be man enough for the multiple trunks. I do not

want to
spend a fortune for a more powerful petrol chainsaw since |I do not

have any
large trees to control.

Regards Norman