Old 15-05-2006, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default Lawn advice ... suggestions for a lawn alternative for shady damp area

Small Red Robin wrote:
The image at the link below is of a circular area that we want plant
ground cover in. We've used turf before (not shade friendly which was
silly) and it didn't last very long. We're now considering re-seeding
using shade tolerant lawn seed.

Snip

Not exactly what you asked, but looking at the photo (lovely spot, by
the way!) and if hte place is likely to stay quite wet in winter, why
not either pave or if budget doesn't allow, gravel it?

Cat(h)