Old 15-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Pest Effects Pest Effects is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardeningroger
hi im new to gardening and i have just started making a garden at the back of my house. I bought some plants yesterday from a plant sale. Some Geraniums i bought seemed to be potted in garden soil. I just turned it out the plant as i was going to repot it when i look at the plant in my hand, the soil is infested with these white maggots. At least thats what i think they are. They all seem to be sleeping, are they fly lavae or cud they be something that could be harmful to the plants, what shud i do???
Have they got brown heads and are they in a 'C' shape? If so, you've got vine weevils!