Old 15-05-2006, 07:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
The Addison's

Default Getting rid of bamboo

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of bamboo, permanently, without having to
pull it up. I live in east-central Georgia and have quite a bit in my back
yard. We just purchased the house a couple of months ago and would like to
be able to have use of all the back yard. I've been told if you cut the
stalk it will just grow right back. I've read that bamboo is a grass, and
thus believe the advise about it growing back after cutting it down. Are
there any chemicals, or sprays, that would kill just the bamboo, and not the
rest of the grass?

TIA,
Hawkeye65