Old 15-05-2006, 06:46 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Alternative to Oleander

In article et,
"David Wright" wrote:

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
In article ,
wkn123 wrote:

Does anybody know of a plant that will grow similar to oleander that
will grow in the Austin, TX area? Im looking for something that grows
mostly up, flowers would be nice too.

Thanks,
Lk

Mexican Oregano.

Blooms all year with little purple trumpet shaped flowers. Very pretty
and gets to be about 3' or so tall over a few years. Mine started as a
4" pot 4 years ago and is close to 3' tall now.

Another, taller, plant that also would fit is cenizo. Here's a link for
you:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...cophyllumfrute
s.htm

David

Oh wow!
How long does it keep those blooms????

I am SO into xeriscaping to save money on water!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson