Old 15-05-2006, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k.

Default Aralia elata RIP

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"p.k." wrote in message
I've had an Aralia elata in my garden for around 10 years and on in a
client's garden for around 6 years.

Over the past year both have died suddenly (well actually mine is
showing signs of life low down on one of the 3 main stems) I've
checked and there is no sign of Honey fungus and Aralia is a
recommended drought tolerant plant.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

pk

I thought that Aralia was fairly frost sensitive and could get cut
back by severe frosts coupled with wet conditions. Perhaps last
winter was just too hard for them.

Good suggestion but the olive, loquat, euphorbia melifera and melianthus
are all still happy!

pk