Old 15-05-2006, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Something that looks like Parsley....

"Cat(h)" writes

The "parsley" description was by the OP, and surprised me also when the
weed was finally identified. It looks like *anything* but parsley.
I seem to recall poor oul' Socrates was given something very like
parsley to drink... with rather terminal consequences. Cigue in French
(I can't get my keyboard to put the two dots on top of the u - hemlock
according to my dictionary?

Was it actually finally identified?
What as?

I noted the 'spot on' response to the creeping buttercup suggestion, but
I didn't think that was from the OP?

Socrates was given hemlock - same family as parsley, celery, carrot,
parsnip et al.
--
Kay