Old 15-05-2006, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Garden Gnome

Default What is best vegetable gardening software?

david_s wrote:

I have found software that I like at a site www.plangarden.com, but I
want to know what others use.

I used paper, pencil and crayons for a long time, but I wanted
something more sophisticated. plangarden does the trick, it is easy to
use, inexpensive and does most of what I want.

I am sure that others may have found better software that I haven't.
Please let me know what you use. I have asked this question on a few
other forums, but I haven't found anyone that has found anything
better.

It really depends on what you want. I use the square foot gardening
method so like Garden Manager Pro Version 3.05. It isn't really fancy
but it does take into consideration Mel Bartholomew's ideals as far as
planting guides and using the grid. I like that I can plan each square
and modify as needed something that took more time and effort using pen
and paper, my previous method. Each bed can be printed so I have a
visual of what I'm planting too. I found my planning time was almost
effortless this year even though I made several changes and have added 4
new 4' x 4' beds. I haven't planned for anything in those beds yet but
they will likely be flowers or later crop vegetables for this year. I
can't really recommend a non-square foot gardening software.

--

Garden Gnome
http://ca.360.yahoo.com/sfg.oamc