Old 16-05-2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Leaves curling...

"Jimmy" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the info. I'm new at this, the roses were here when I moved in.
Looked like they were almost growing wild but with a lot of slow cutting
and care they are looking good. I live in Toledo, Oh, whatever zone that
is. Right now it is a very wet zone, been raining 4 or 5 days, still have
a lot more rain coming so it will be at least a week before I can treat
them. Just more research time.

Thanks again

Jimmy

Here's a link to the USDA hardiness zone map:
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html
The hardiness zone map is a good general guideline.
"Micro climate" is also important - where your
roses are planted in your yard, protected or not
from cold, wind, etc.

I also "inherited" a rose bed when I moved into
this house 11 years ago. I managed to kill - or
allow to revert to rootstock - about half before I
figured out how to care for them properly. 150
roses later I still occasionally lose a rose, but
more likely due to a weak variety than from my
improper care.

It's a learning process, for sure. There are some
good (cheap) books you might want to pick up,
such as Ortho's All About Roses. You can
find it easily in bookstores and places like
Home Depot and Lowes or online at Amazon.com .

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8