Old 15-05-2006, 10:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Need Briggs troubleshooting info

Roger Blake wrote:
In article , Stubby wrote:
A compression test will tell if it is a burned valve.

Compression is 100 psi, which would be low for an automotive engine
but I'm going to guess is pretty much OK in this application.

I pulled the carb off, it is a side-draft Walbro that has a dome-shaped
sheet metal fuel bowl with what looks like a solenoid (fuel cutoff?) on
the bottom. How do I get the fuel bowl off to get inside? I don't see
anything obvious and don't want to force/break anything.

Unscrew the solenoid.