Old 16-05-2006, 02:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CANNON-FODDER

Default How Can I Keep Dogs Away from my Lawn and Other Plants?

Stubby wrote:

CANNON-FODDER wrote:
Stubby wrote:

Mike wrote:
I'm planting new plants and want to keep dogs away from them.
Is there anything short of a fence that'll keep them away?
Put several of those little "Dangerous lawn chemicals in use" signs
around your place and notify your neighbors. Tell them it could hurt
their pets and they must keep those pets off your property.

And be prepared for the hypochondriacs to come...

I suppose you need to have a special made sign with the message and "No
Tresspassing" on it.

Although my comment was meant as a wry poke at the power of suggestion, "No
Tresspassing" would certainly be better. That would be up-front and clear
instead of passive-aggressive and duplicitous, and would avoid any
confusion over which [non-existent] chemical was applied and if there were
any over-spray or ground-water concerns.

I am confident there are plenty of "No Tresspassing" signs available locally
without having to have a special one made.

--
v/r,
C-F