Old 16-05-2006, 05:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mark Anderson

Default habanero prob: white dotted trails, powdery...along stem only

In article says...
While the discussion is on habaneros - has anyone come up with an
antidote to the burning they do to your fingers when you slice and seed
them?

I now wear rubber gloves whenever cutting these. I once burned my
fingers so bad I had to keep my hands in ice water all night. I also
held ice cubes wrapped in paper towels that seemed to help. The burning
subsided to the point I could tolerate it without help after 4 hours.
After a complete day I could still feel my fingers burning. I can't
imagine what would happen if someone ate one of these raw. I always
warn people not to even attempt it when I give habeneros away.

There's a place by me that sell's Chef Jeff's world's hottest peppers
which are habeneros that ripen to a red color. Those are even worse.