Old 16-05-2006, 03:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.building.landscape
Mike

Default How Can I Keep Dogs Away from my Lawn and Other Plants?

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
. ..

Do dogs run wild in your neighborhood, or do not-so-thoughtful pet owners
let their pets use your yard as a bathroom?

I don't have any advice for free-running dogs, but I have found that a
small sign (it can be 6" x 6" and made of something that doesn't stand out
like a sore thumb) that says something like.. "If your pet needs to use
the bathroom, please take them over to the mulched area instead of letting
them go on the yard or plants. Thanks!"

The bottom line is that pet owners are often lazy, but are usually nice
enough people to get their pets to use your preferred alternative, rather
than going right in the middle of your yard...

It's an urban neighborhood some dogs are loose. I'll put up a couple of
small signs.

Mike