Old 16-05-2006, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Fennel versus other plants question

tom&barbara wrote:
I read a snippet yesterday somewhere that other plants generally don't
grow very well when next to Fennel. I am gutted as I have just planted
a few in my herbaceous border (bronze leaf and ordinary). Does anyone
know to what extent other plants don't like it, is this likely to be a
real problem?
Are there any plants that really hate to be in its vicinity?

I've never heard that before but have certainly found that the bronze
Fennel likes to grow next to other plants - lots of other plants - and
in the path, and the drive, and the lawn, and...............
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk