Old 16-05-2006, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Fennel versus other plants question

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ups.com...
I read a snippet yesterday somewhere that other plants generally don't
grow very well when next to Fennel. I am gutted as I have just planted
a few in my herbaceous border (bronze leaf and ordinary). Does anyone
know to what extent other plants don't like it, is this likely to be a
real problem?
Are there any plants that really hate to be in its vicinity?

Thanks
Gail

I have heard that some veg do not like being planted with fennel but I do
not know if it's true.
I have never had any problems with it in a mixed flower border.