Old 16-05-2006, 07:48 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
monique

Default Looking for a book...

On groundcovers. Or, more accurately, the ground- or carpet-level
plants one would find in the woods on the Eastern seaboard. I have a
friend who has developed a fascination with these plants near his home
in Virginia. He'd like to be able to identify them. I've told them
that the herbs will be hiding in wildflower books if they have pretty
flowers (and in the taxonomic keys if they don't) and the woody species
will be in tree and shrub books. Still, does anyone know of any sources
devoted to "ground cover"?

M. Reed
TAMU